Making Connections Book 6 (Grade 6 Student Book)
Copyright: 2006 Publisher: School Specialty, Inc.
Making connections prepares students to anallyze and interpret diverse fiction and nonfiction materials to meet the Common Core Stae Standards.
Students will learn how to:
- Understand skills such as cause/effect, drawing conclusions and predicting outcomes
- Locate, interpret, and organize key information in a text
- Analyze words in a text using vocabulary strategies
- Utilize text features such as photos, tables, maps, graphs, indexes, and glossaries
- Interpret a variety of genres including biographies, science & social studies articles, myths, and much more
Book 6 Skills: identify details, sequencing, main idea compare/contrast, drawing conclusions/predicting outcomes, fact and opinion, cause/effect, figurative language, bias and prejudice
Skills and Strategies: This engaging reading comprehension program develops the essential skills and strategies included in the Common Core State Standards - and reinforces them in a spiraling curriculum.
Book 6 Strategies: building background knowledge, monitoring comprehension, cooperative learning, generating & answering questions, text story structure, using graphic organizers, summarizing, understanding vocabulary, applying multiple strategies